How's your summer?

Speak your mind! This is the off-topic forum.
Jeff
Founder
Founder

How's your summer?

Postby Jeff » 2004.06.15 6:19 pm

This is for everybody, since I know a lot of you are visiting (which is great), but don't have much to say. How's your summer treating you?

I'm enjoying the break from academics and trying to burn off any weight I gained and regain any strength I lost by lounging around my dorm room all year. This is being accomplished by working 8-4:30 Monday thru Friday at Wingfoot Commercial Tire up in Fondy. The money's good, I'm getting used to being active again, and so far my Taurus is handling the daily commute well.
I haven't been doing much outside of work besides posting on here since I'm usually pretty drianed by the time I get home. I've had a chance to Jet Ski at my cousin's house one weekend and go to a drive-in, swim, and get a tan in Kenosha with my girlfriend another, though. And I'll be camping with Lyssa at Devil's Lake pretty soon; I can't wait!

Besides having to drive around on flooded roads, my summer's been pretty good so far. How about you?
Last edited by Jeff on 2004.09.22 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I do what I can.

Red
Asshole Admin
Asshole Admin

Postby Red » 2004.06.15 11:47 pm

My summer's been a blast.

To start, I drove 5 hours for a camping trip that my friends got my kicked out of in a matter of six hours, got my car towed, spent $180 to get it out, and had to drive it back the following morning.

Next weekend, I got in a car accident that got me 30 stitches and an underage.

WHOOO!!!
I'd piss Coors if I could. You believe that happy crappy?

DoomCraft
Local Legend
Local Legend

Postby DoomCraft » 2004.06.16 1:30 am

Ouch red, that just sounds like the perfect motive to take someones life. By any chance are you hiding someones body under your house?

-

My summer so far has been more interesting than good. I've spent the past couple of weeks sifting out paperwork for school which is supposed to get me financial aid. My school has requested documents that i've sent in multiple times every day to the point of me calling them up and finding out my financial aid advisor decided to leave and not tell anyone. Now I owe $2,000-$3,000 on a cash agreement that he promised would only be temporary...

Plus I don't have a job because my last one decided to can me the day after christmas so that they wouldn't have to give me a christmas bonus. Apparently the 8.50$ job was transferable to a new person that would work cheaper... of course now i've been living on unemployment and barely able to support my one meal a day. I can't move to my parents house or it would be a 3 hour drive to see my girlfriend while she goes to school, thats not about to happen. Not only that but i've been taking a beating from all my friends saying that I have it "easy" living the good life, sitting at home watching t.v. all day and sleeping. I don't even bother explaining them what i've been going through lately, somehow I managed to stay friends with a group of asshounds for the past 5 years.

Just yesterday my tooth started killing me and i'm on hour 48 without much sleep, I had to get an emergency dental appointment in for 9 this morning and hopefully he will be able to do something about it. The bad news is that i'm going to be in the hole financially even more now... I had saved about 500$ with the intention of paying my brother rent this month who has been gracious enough to help me with that, but now I think i'm screwed.

Of course I don't show it when i'm around my woman, but i'm in a world of hell. My summer has been somewhat depressing so far and hopefully it doesn't get any worse.

Jeff
Founder
Founder

Postby Jeff » 2004.06.16 7:14 am

/me regrets starting this thread... :/
I do what I can.

DoomCraft
Local Legend
Local Legend

Postby DoomCraft » 2004.06.16 8:08 am

It's interesting how the crummy things kick aside the good. Not that this summer has been completely crap, i've seen better is all.

kristin
Starting From Scratch
Starting From Scratch

Postby kristin » 2004.06.16 6:07 pm

hello everyone since i am a big lurker i will post in here just because well cause i'm going to... anyway my summer has been alright a little long since i have been out of school since april so i am quite bored since i have no car so i don't go anywhere cept work.. so i have spent the last couple of months on the bls forums... thats bout it.. cept last weekend on the 12th i went to duluth minnesota i absolutly love it there its so beautiful.. much nicer then here.. and then in 19 days i am going to winnipeg for the canadian nationals for my dancning.. which is exciting.. and my birthday is coming up a week after that... so hopefully the last half of my summer will be exciting with all that stuff coming up.... and i am done now.. back to lurking..

Kage
The Next Big Thing
The Next Big Thing

Postby Kage » 2004.06.25 8:52 am

Alot of the "Horicon Juveniles" have to work for our families or find 5 dollar jobs. The economy sucks so bad. I have my application in like Umpteen different places and I call each one of them begging to hire me. I have yet to get a call back. Horicon is a shit hole at the moment.

I can only explain my summer in one word. Boring.

7:00 A.M. - Go to Summer School
1:00 P.M. - Get home
1:30 P.M. - Sit on the computer
2:30 P.M. - Wander to Nates house and see if he will get his lazy ass off the computer
3:30 P.M. - Go find something to do.
5:00 P.M. - Some chore that I am forced to do
6:00 P.M. - Play video games
7:00 P.M. - Play video games
8:00 P.M. - Play video games
9:00 P.M. - Eat food/Play on the computer
10:00 P.M. - Do the dishes
10:30 P.M. - Watch g4techtv until I pass out

Sundays:
10:00 A.M. - Get up
11:00 A.M. - Go out to "The Farm" and work until 11:00 P.M.

playswithflowers
As Seen On TV
As Seen On TV

Postby playswithflowers » 2004.07.12 2:44 pm

One word: Uneventful

I work with clothes nazis, need i say more?

wootie85
Admin's Wife
Admin's Wife

Postby wootie85 » 2004.07.18 8:21 pm

My summer has been pretty fun! It started off a little slow because it seems that all I get to do is work and go to school (i'm taking a summer course because I am an incurable overachiever when it comes to schoolwork). I sit in an airconditioned building all day where it is incredibly boring and type on a computer. I guess i can't really complain too much about the work, but it is a drag being bored out of your mind for 8 hours a day 5 days a week. Anyways... back to the fun part. I went to Kansas for a week to visit some relatives/friends with my sister and mom. It was a lot of fun especially driving through Iowa at 2am! I've also been fortunate enough to go camping with my boyfriend at Devil's Lake where, suprisingly, we had really gorgeous weather. I've also been able to go hiking a couple times and run my doggie by the beach. After sitting inside all week I just itch to be outside. Though I have had a couple exciting weekends, most involving my man, I look forward to going back to school. Being in Kenosha and not having anyone to do anything with is kinda a drag. WHich is why I cant wait to live in Oshkosh next summer!

Jeff
Founder
Founder

Postby Jeff » 2004.07.18 11:19 pm

Hehe, "your man" :)

You think being bored in Kenosha sucks? Try being bored in Mayville :P
I do what I can.

Return to “Ramblings, Rants and Ravings”