Vote!

Speak your mind! This is the off-topic forum.
Jeff
Founder
Founder

Vote!

Postby Jeff » 2004.07.16 11:15 pm

For a lot of us young Wisconsinites, this will be the first presidential election we can vote in. Lyssa sent out an email with info on how to register if you haven't already, and how to apply for an absentee ballot, necissary if you're going to be in college and out of your home district on election day. I'm passing on the knowledge to you fine folks. Here are the links:

General Registration Info
Absentee Info

And yes, Megan, I'm voting. So qwitcherbitchin'. :)
Last edited by Jeff on 2004.10.11 2:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I do what I can.

melon
Local Legend
Local Legend

Postby melon » 2004.09.05 1:26 am

may i vote?
figuring out ways to how the world might end
hey, a cool website! heck yes!

playswithflowers
As Seen On TV
As Seen On TV

Postby playswithflowers » 2004.09.08 11:40 pm

You know what ass? You shouldnt vote because your girlfriend thinks its a good idea. We should all vote?? This coming from the same guy that refused to vote because he 1. didnt like the candidates, and 2. Because apparently abstaining makes your opinion known. Why are you voting for bush anyhow?? Just because you dont like kerry? Here's an idea, if you dont like them, pick someone you do like

http://www.politics1.com/p2004.htm

Thats a list of practically everyone that is running

playswithflowers
As Seen On TV
As Seen On TV

Postby playswithflowers » 2004.09.08 11:41 pm

Oh, and apparently nader is not running....at least for the green party he isnt.....i wonder why people in washington are still planning on voting for him. You know, he has 2% of the vote

peteyboy
Local Legend
Local Legend

Postby peteyboy » 2004.09.09 9:30 am

When will you people listen! Nader is going independent! Green party has someone else.

Jeff
Founder
Founder

Postby Jeff » 2004.09.09 11:13 am

playswithflowers wrote:You know what ass? You shouldnt vote because your girlfriend thinks its a good idea. We should all vote?? This coming from the same guy that refused to vote because he 1. didnt like the candidates, and 2. Because apparently abstaining makes your opinion known.

I was wrong. You don't hear that much coming from me, so enjoy.

I'm not conservative just because of my girlfriend, either. I just didn't want to vote either way because I hadn't really done research before.

Look, it's nice to go indie, but face it: it's Bush or Kerry because that's just how the American political system works. Money!
I do what I can.

DoomCraft
Local Legend
Local Legend

Postby DoomCraft » 2004.09.09 4:05 pm

Hell, I wasn't going to vote for a awhile either... I figure if I vote anyways i'll at least have a reason to bitch if the opposing party gets in. I was planning on adding a name in for santa clause, but then I realized that it's probably just not worth it.

Not only that but Bush isn't a bad guy, I don't see why people shit all over him. Compared to kerry, he's clean.

playswithflowers
As Seen On TV
As Seen On TV

Postby playswithflowers » 2004.09.09 11:47 pm

He's clean?? Yeah...clean as the cocaine left on his nose.

http://www.realchange.org/bushjr.htm

Granted i have no clue who created the site,but he's dug up alot of dirt that the media has speculated about for quite some time.

oh, and "I'm not conservative just because of my girlfriend, either. I just didn't want to vote either way because I hadn't really done research before." So now all the sudden you do? And apparently bush is the best man for the job? Who decided that? You?

You said yourself "We're in Iraq because we want to and we can get away with it. Doesn't matter who's in charge." Thats bullshit and you know it. We're in Iraq because BUSH wants to and HE can get away with it. That choice had nothing to do with the american people or the global comunity.

DoomCraft
Local Legend
Local Legend

Postby DoomCraft » 2004.09.10 4:14 am

For the love of....

You know at first glance on that website, alot of what they acuse bush are things that you or me are capable of doing. "Convicted of drunk driving. Lied repeatedly to cover up his arrest." - Of course he would, what does that have to do with his election? Hell if I were running i'd lie about the stupid shit I did as a kid as well. It's the same crap that clinton was in trouble for except Bush didn't do it while in office... he did it in his younger years and it was a mistake. NOBODY IS ASKING FOR A SINLESS PERFECT IMAGE OF GOD PRESIDENT. All we want is a human that can lead the country a hell of alot better than kerry or gore. - "Avoided Vietnam and Skipped Out on his National Guard Service." Big friggin deal, my dad did the same thing and I'd like to think my father is a fairly honest guy. Again, it's something that was done years ago. The countless acusations of drugs and drinking go on and on... it almost seems like megan and company can't find anything better to knock bush around for. There's even one statement made saying that bush partied when he was younger and now he goes around lecturing students about partying, drinking and enforced a NO-TOLERANCE drug act against first-time coccaine users. WHAT THE FUCK? I'd much rather have someone who has been experienced in these things and now can see the brighter side of things and will have a purpose to fight drug use and under-age drinking. Not only does he know what it's like to be that age but he even goes on to take time out for helping students out who are in those situations. Basically what this website is telling me is that if you make one mistake in your life your doomed to never become a president. It's all complete bullshit and I won't credit any shred of information that can't serve some sort of purpose other than to feed the propoganda machine and their midget media man train.

Some of the things in there make an interesting point for looking into such as the - "Selling Oil Stock Just Before Iraq Invaded" topic, but unfortunately half the garbage being spawned from the creators anus is a load of crap. If you want to compare shit stains between bush and kerry, the kerry list is much higher.

9MAN
Gaining Potential
Gaining Potential

Couldn't Help Myself

Postby 9MAN » 2004.10.11 9:27 pm

I haven't made it here in a while but upon my return I couldn't help but express my political opinion. I am a Bush fan. Kerry is just a guy trying to side with every issue on the face of the earth... don't believe me go here: http://www.students.uwosh.edu/~ninnea09/JohnKerryAd.mp3 -- I just couldn't ever bring myself to vote for a known weasel
>>God created a few perfect people. All the rest are right-handed.
>>Sex is hereditary. If your parents never had it, chances are you won't either.
>>As long as there are tests, there will be prayer in public schools.
>>82.8% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Jeff
Founder
Founder

Postby Jeff » 2004.11.02 10:59 am

Whatever your beliefs, just vote today! It'll give you a license to bitch for the next four years.
I do what I can.

Hüva
Local Legend
Local Legend

Postby Hüva » 2004.11.02 11:44 am

...or you can bitch for the next four years anywayz, as i plan to...i just wont bitch about the president...there is oh-so-much more out there to be dissatisfied with...
My Blog: The Heather Experiment
My LiveJournal: Misery's Haven

october 6, 2005...embrace the foil; fear jeff's power

Jeff
Founder
Founder

Postby Jeff » 2004.11.02 12:21 pm

so do your minor part so you have justification. that or move to canada. :)
I do what I can.

tigers_free
Generating Controversy
Generating Controversy

Postby tigers_free » 2004.11.02 12:31 pm

:) and if you vote, you can take advantage of getting off of work for 3 hours.....I know most are in school, but if you have a job state law says you get off of work.....

Wisconsin
Employers must provide employees up to three consecutive hours off between the opening and closing of the polls in which to vote. Employers may require that employees apply for voting leave prior to election day (Sec. 6.76). Employers may specify the time that the employee may be absent (Sec. 6.75).
Zhivyje Pozavidujut Mertvym !-Dostojevskij

Jeff
Founder
Founder

Postby Jeff » 2004.11.02 2:28 pm

I only really had to stand in line for 45 minutes, which, compared to Six Flags this weekend, wasn't bad at all.
I do what I can.

DoomCraft
Local Legend
Local Legend

Postby DoomCraft » 2004.11.03 4:31 pm

I'm surprised of how many people I know that didn't vote just because they didn't like the candidates. I eventually realized bush was the one I could set aside and agree with, but so many people didn't vote or voted for kerry because they didn't like bush.
Despite the same percentages of 18-21 year olds holding at 17% from 4 years ago.

Jeff
Founder
Founder

Postby Jeff » 2004.11.03 4:35 pm

I really can't believe that. The Micheal Moore Media Circus. Eminem's Call to Arms. Puffy's in-your-face challenge. You'd think young voters would have come out in droves to elect Kerry. C'mon. The media tells people what's cool, who to buy, what to wear, etc, all the time. How come it didn't work to tell kids who to vote for?
I do what I can.

Return to “Ramblings, Rants and Ravings”