Halloween

Speak your mind! This is the off-topic forum.
tigers_free
Generating Controversy
Generating Controversy

Halloween

Postby tigers_free » 2004.10.19 11:13 am

Well despite recent negative comments, I think everyone here is creative and unique in their own way. Sooo now my enquiring mind wants to know what everybody's halloween plans are, if they do any fun halloween pranks, if anyone still trick or treats( although some might say your too old) and last but not least(also the best question)if you're dressing up, what are you going as?

And for anyone with a opinion, what do you think of banning halloween altogether? A city council in Louisiana thinks it's a satanic holiday and that is what they are trying to do....I posted the link with the story

http://www.2theadvocate.com/stories/101 ... k001.shtml

shyhell
As Seen On TV
As Seen On TV

Postby shyhell » 2004.10.19 11:28 am

ok, so it falls on a sunday. son of a fuck. what to do..what to do?
move it to a saturday then. don't let it chap your ass just because it falls on sunday. it was, originially, a religious day of remembrance. and now the meaning has been watered down with trick-or-treating, costumes, and haunted hauses. Look at easter. Jesus was wiped out completely for some man in his 30's who could find no better job in a 7' tall bunny rabbit suit. granted, Mr Bun-Bun isn't satanic...but is it not virtually the same concept?

and even if it is 'satanic'...and it offends uptight religious adults, for the most part... what happened to the separation of church and state? would it not apply here? eh. maybe i'm just ignorant and not aware of the procedures behind this. i'm sure there are pleanty of adults who are looking forward to dressing up their kid as a little devil or angel...whichever it is that they prefer.
if there were no rewards to reap
loving embrace to see me through
this tedious path i've chosen here
i certainly would've walked away by now

i'm gonna wait it out.

Red
Asshole Admin
Asshole Admin

Postby Red » 2004.10.19 11:47 am

Halloween's a tradition...it's really as simple as that. I've never seen the connection between Halloween and anything Satanic. Like Shelby said, it wasn't always about trick-or-treating and all that jazz. In the end, people find yet another thing to protest and stick with it. Everything's offensive, blah blah blah. People need to quit their bitching about something as harmless as a holiday in which kids collect bags of candy. If halloween falling on a Sunday is so offensive for religious fanatics out there, then why not ban everything on Sundays that we're not supposed to do? I don't see people rising up to ban working on Sundays, is THAT not offensive? What the fuck's the difference?
I'd piss Coors if I could. You believe that happy crappy?

Kage
The Next Big Thing
The Next Big Thing

Postby Kage » 2004.10.19 3:03 pm

Back to the original idea to the topic at hand. I will be attending BFG in German town. Depending on when other festivities start I may partake in something else as well. Other then that, thats all the plans I have. I may perform some devious pranks, if we get back in time :twisted: .

JHGNate
As Seen On TV
As Seen On TV

Postby JHGNate » 2004.10.19 4:14 pm

Well... me, my friend Nick and his friend/my acquaintance, Adam, will be dressed as pirates. We will sit by Adam's house and steal candy from little kids that come past. If they will not comply with our terms, we will make them walk the plank... into a kiddy pool.
Ask not what your forum can do for you; ask what you can do for your forum.

Jeff
Founder
Founder

Postby Jeff » 2004.10.19 7:05 pm

I'm going to six flags for halloween. I can't think of a good, simple costume though.
I do what I can.

nrunge
As Seen On TV
As Seen On TV

Postby nrunge » 2004.10.19 7:41 pm

I am going to Madison per usual. Party with some old friends, probebly make some new ones (at least for one night). I might go with some buddies from Menomonie and dress up as the Beatles, or with some buddies from Madison and dress as the "Girls Gone Wild" crew, or I might just wing it....either way The Brew God is going to make a triumphant return to Madison.
"...I always tell my friends that if its in the news we dont have to worry about it because it rarely ever happens, thats what makes it news. Its when something is not in the news anymore that we have to start to worry" - Philip Greenspun

Jeff
Founder
Founder

Postby Jeff » 2004.10.19 7:43 pm

I was thinking about checking that out, since you always here such good Mad town Halloween tales, but damnit, Six Flags was just so appealing. And I don't think drinking and rollercoasters mix, so it'll be a sober experience.
I do what I can.

Hüva
Local Legend
Local Legend

Postby Hüva » 2004.10.21 10:39 am

my boyfriend and i were thinking about having some people out to the apartment for halloween...really i just want an excuse to dress up...and to not work down on state street for halloween...tho i might be working halloween nite...dookie...

costume: purple faerie...go figure
My Blog: The Heather Experiment
My LiveJournal: Misery's Haven

october 6, 2005...embrace the foil; fear jeff's power

Jeff
Founder
Founder

Postby Jeff » 2004.10.21 10:43 am

Yeah, as fun as the Madison experience seems, working there on Halloween sounds like a *suppresses excited giggling* NIGHTMARE ON STATE STREET!!!

Oh, I just slay me...
I do what I can.

mardoc
Starting From Scratch
Starting From Scratch

Postby mardoc » 2004.10.22 11:00 am

i'm going to mad town, should be fun i guess. dressing, as some of you are, as a priate. i went as a mexican bandito last year and got yelled at cause apparently mexicans don't like it if you go as their racial slur. so learning my lession my only hope is there are no honest pirates there. otherwise i'll get yelled at again :cry:

Return to “Ramblings, Rants and Ravings”