Condemned

Prophecies and complaints.

Moderator: Red

Red
Asshole Admin
Asshole Admin

Condemned

Postby Red » 2004.04.23 9:38 pm

I went to Menomonie this weekend for class registration and whatnot. Needless to say, I had a good time being away from Mayberry for awhile. It made me think, though.

Everyone says once you're out of here, you'll be happy, things will be better, blah blah. Well, no shit. But I really do believe that now, and not based on people saying that.

While I was in Menomonie, it felt like a weight is lifted off my shoulders. It was comforting. When I came back to Mayville, this weird creeping feeling came over me. The only way I can describe it is, think of the movie Indepedence Day. You know how things are going all good, and then that shadow comes over the cities and everything is all quiet, desolate, etc. That's exactly how that feeling felt. After that, I realized once I'm out of here, that feeling will be gone for good. I know I'm a crab, bleak outlook on life, and the like. But because I live here. This town does something to people. If you've ever read the book IT, when it talks about the town Derry, you know what I'm talking about. When you're not in the town, things just go well. And that's exactly what I need.
I'd piss Coors if I could. You believe that happy crappy?

Jeff
Founder
Founder

Postby Jeff » 2004.04.26 12:17 pm

Muahaha, I'm so cool for knowing that first!
Nah, just being stupid. I'm happy for you. You're gonna love it, even if you hate Stout. Just because it won't be Mayville.

But another reason to stay closer to home has just popped up. Travis Pahl dumped his Eau Claire plans, and he and Shelly are going to be coming to Oshkosh next year.
I do what I can.

Red
Asshole Admin
Asshole Admin

Postby Red » 2004.04.26 1:44 pm

Yeah, he told me 2 months ago the Eau Claire plans were dropped, he just made me promise to keep it to myself.

Ah well. I'm leavin Mayberry no matter what.

Jeff
Founder
Founder

Postby Jeff » 2004.04.26 1:55 pm

And that's all that matters.

I'm returning though. We'll see how that goes. Three more weeks and I move back in with my parents. That should be fun.
I do what I can.

Red
Asshole Admin
Asshole Admin

Postby Red » 2004.04.26 1:56 pm

Sorry man. I'm losing my car if it makes you feel any better.

Jeff
Founder
Founder

Postby Jeff » 2004.04.26 2:01 pm

Heh, I think I'll be spending a lot of weekends in Kenosha.

You talking about for next year or for the summer? Stacy snatching it?
I do what I can.

Red
Asshole Admin
Asshole Admin

Postby Red » 2004.04.26 5:59 pm

Last weekend in May is when I be losin it.

Jeff
Founder
Founder

Postby Jeff » 2004.04.26 6:05 pm

You can borrow the Taurus, although you'd probably be better off walking :)
I do what I can.

Hüva
Local Legend
Local Legend

...mildly opinionated...

Postby Hüva » 2004.04.27 4:08 am

i suppose that this is more in response to the first couple posts in this topic, but i just couldnt pass this up...its too much fun...

the mayville=derry connection is one very very close to my heart...one of my personal favorites...and its nice to hear it come from some one else for once...

mayville is essentially an incestual breeding ground for douchebags...think about it:

everyone knows everyone (((and the last twelve generations of their family))) here...and they grow up with their social destiny cemented because of that...they are what they are because of who they are, who their family is...and woe be unto the person who moves into mayville at any point in their life...without a neat little label established by generations of ass kissing, the mayvillians dont know what to make of them, so the unfortunate newcomers are screwed from the beginning...(((thanx for the chance, buddy! :D )))

and they bank on those little rules and proceedures, falling into deep superiority-complex-induced self-delusion, which is never challenged...until they leave this little burg and go somewhere else to start their life, head high and nose up...but once out in the "real world", their name means shit...no one knows or cares about their name...it means nothing...and dear me, they may have to rely on real personality, character, and social skills to get them anywhere...that's not something they sell down at good ol' Mayville Station or Piggly Wiggly...most just return to mayberry after college, tail between their legs, back to where their fragile little world makes sense and pick up their sash and tiara where they left it...and unfortunately they procreate, and raise their little daemon spawn to believe the same things that they did growing up...full circle...never changes...and why should it when it works oh so well...

the town is going to digest its slimy little self until it implodes...and i've got a front row seat!!...joy...

...i've put a little thought into the topic...once or twice...

i feel so much better now...carry on boys...as you were
My Blog: The Heather Experiment
My LiveJournal: Misery's Haven

october 6, 2005...embrace the foil; fear jeff's power

nrunge
As Seen On TV
As Seen On TV

Postby nrunge » 2004.07.31 1:10 am

they are what they are because of who they are, who their family is...and woe be unto the person who moves into mayville at any point in their life...without a neat little label established by generations of ass kissing, the mayvillians dont know what to make of them, so the unfortunate newcomers are screwed from the beginning..

That is not true. My parents had no pull whatsoever, in fact in the case of my mother quite the opposite. I never had any pre-determined label, I made my own way, my own friends. Friends that to this day I gladly call family. This type of discussion is had from everyone who grew up in a small town. I have made my way in big cities and the like so I find in no way Mayville in and of itself to have hindered any of my social development. Its not that I miss it terribly, but I have acheived some degree of success in my life thus far and I owe alot of that to my roots. Every man builds his own path destiny. Trying to find a scapegoat is a detour.

melon
Local Legend
Local Legend

Postby melon » 2005.07.31 8:43 am

i will add to this, considering i am from the so-called imbreeded town of mayville, and i am one, i guess, of the little demon spawn.

i complain about mayville and all the stories of little towns that are indeed true here. i want to get out and start somewhere new and perhaps never set eyes on the town, but nevertheless, it is a good place. my parents are orginally from around here (mayville/theresa) and i have family that goes back to the first settlement of mayville, so the roots are there, my folks grew up here and got married then moved south to nevada and las vegas, they lived there for a bit and adobted my sister. thus they decided that mayville was a good place to raise kids and moved back, and i believe that it is.

i hate cliques and everyone knowing everyone elses business, but you learn so much here that you would not in a big city. Personally, and no offense to city dwellers, i think that small town people are morally different. the moral system is so different, i cannot explain it. i hope some understand what i am trying to process.

i am glad i am leaving but i will miss some things.
figuring out ways to how the world might end
hey, a cool website! heck yes!

Red
Asshole Admin
Asshole Admin

Postby Red » 2005.07.31 9:51 am

It was nice leaving when I moved into Menomonie last year. I have a completely different take on Mayville now. It's weird how much I changed after I moved out of here...that definetely proved my theory on how much this town was affecting me. In short bursts, this town really ain't so bad. But I can never imagine living here permanetely (sp?) again.

melon
Local Legend
Local Legend

Postby melon » 2005.07.31 12:36 pm

now here is the question...did you change for the good?

i cannot wait to see what i am like once i get into college.
figuring out ways to how the world might end

hey, a cool website! heck yes!

Red
Asshole Admin
Asshole Admin

Postby Red » 2005.07.31 3:26 pm

For the good? Hell yes. I think I'm actually nice now...yay for me.

Jeff
Founder
Founder

Postby Jeff » 2005.07.31 10:14 pm

lil_redman wrote:For the good? Hell yes. I think I'm actually nice now...yay for me.
I don't know if I can perceive that. "Nice" Red? Eek.

As for my take on the Mayville thing? I don't like it here. Too many demons. I don't like thinking of high school, and I have to shop at the RadioShack in FdL if I need anything. My parents might move to Puckaway, and if they do, I don't think I"ll miss much about the place where I grew up.

Speaking of Puckaway, that's probably why. I never grew attached to Mayville or even developed a fondness for it because I always had Puckaway. Thank god for that.
I do what I can.

Return to “Red vs The World”