Forum Slimdown

News and Updates for the whole network.
Jeff
Founder
Founder

Forum Slimdown

Postby Jeff » 2004.10.11 3:35 pm

I was tired of the way topics were organized around here. We had dead forums, were way too general about others, and the structure sucked. That, and there were a ton of topics and posts that I would just as soon never see again.

Today I deleted over 3,000 posts worth of dead, uninteresting conversation. This made me very happy. It got rid of every rugrat post, for one, and it just makes things more tidy.

We've got some new forums. Tech and Games has split, leaving Nerd Council and Gaming in it's place. Gaming is part of a new Entertainment section that will hopefully help to organize our varied media conversations.

We also lost some forums. The ptvBay! experiment seems to have failed, since there haven't been any successful transactions since we started it. And in the absence of Dave, the only real contributor, Foto Fun faded into oblivion.

And finally, we lost some users. Every user that didn't have any posts was ousted. I'm glad people register, and I don't want to discourage it, but if you're not going to post, don't bother. There were over 50 users on this board that never said a word.

Well, that's that. Let me know what you think of the new look.
Last edited by Jeff on 2004.12.09 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
I do what I can.

Kage
The Next Big Thing
The Next Big Thing

Postby Kage » 2004.10.11 3:49 pm

Much sexy! Its definetly much more cleaner and organized. Is this kind of a fresh start deal?

Jeff
Founder
Founder

Postby Jeff » 2004.10.11 3:50 pm

Yeah it is. And I know that some of the accounts that were deleted were from people that used to post here. I'm sorry for the inconvenience that may have caused, but I wasn't going to go through them one by one. Everyone is certainly welcome to come back.
I do what I can.

Kage
The Next Big Thing
The Next Big Thing

Postby Kage » 2004.10.11 8:09 pm

I gotta tell you one thing. I love the random phrases at top. How many does it cycle through? There should be suggestions on phrases to put there ;)

Jeff
Founder
Founder

Postby Jeff » 2004.10.11 8:25 pm

There are currently 150. To see them all, click here.

Feel free to suggest more.
I do what I can.

Return to “PMC Meeting Minutes”