TROY

Behind every great man there is an even greater woman. Behind Jeff there is Alyssa.

Moderator: wootie85

wootie85
Admin's Wife
Admin's Wife

TROY

Postby wootie85 » 2004.05.18 12:26 pm

Last night I went to see the movie TROY with my sister (and the fact that Brad Pitt is in the movie had nothing to do with that decision) and it really sucked. I thought that if the main emphasis was to be on Achilles (the character Brad Pitt played) the movie should have been call "Achilles" and that they needed to develop his character ALOT more! I'm not saying I have any authority when it comes to movie criticism but it was seriously a 2 1/2 hour movie about nothing! Well, ok it was about the war (you know the whole trojan horse, city of troy fight for Helen blah blah the face that launched 1000 ships you know) but the movie really lacked any true relationship development and didn't really play into any emotion... really. I was just really pissed because I paid $7 to see a movie that I thought was gonna be really good, but quite frankly-- wasn't.

The one good thing that came out of the movie was a line that King Priam said to Achilles, after Achilles had been dragging Prince Hector behind his chariot, (I guess maybe this will only make sense to those who see the movie or know the story).

He said.. "Even though we are enemies, Enemies can still respect each other" or something like that. Anyways, I just thought it was very poignant.

Red
Asshole Admin
Asshole Admin

Postby Red » 2004.05.18 1:26 pm

I haven't seen the movie, so I can't throw in any opinions on the film itself, but I do have a thing or two to say about Pitt portrayed as Achilles.

Is it just me, or is that role completely unfit for Pitt? It just doesn't seem to be his cup of tea. I like him better in roles like Fight Club or Seven.
I'd piss Coors if I could. You believe that happy crappy?

Jeff
Founder
Founder

Postby Jeff » 2004.05.18 1:57 pm

eh, he can do whatever he wants; he's Brad Pitt. But you're right; I never really pictured him as a standard issue action hero.
Check out "Cool World" and "Interview with the Vampire" for more weird Pitt fun.
I do what I can.

peteyboy
Local Legend
Local Legend

Postby peteyboy » 2004.05.18 2:01 pm

or how about "12 monkeys" can't forget about that performance.

Jeff
Founder
Founder

Postby Jeff » 2004.05.18 2:05 pm

I've yet to see it. "cant forget it" good or "cant forget it" bad?
I do what I can.

peteyboy
Local Legend
Local Legend

Postby peteyboy » 2004.05.18 2:06 pm

good performance, ok movie.

Return to “The Musings of Alyssa”