Super Size Me

Behind every great man there is an even greater woman. Behind Jeff there is Alyssa.

Moderator: wootie85

wootie85
Admin's Wife
Admin's Wife

Super Size Me

Postby wootie85 » 2004.05.18 12:30 pm

Has anyone seen the documentary called "Super Size Me"? ITs about this guy who ate nothing but fast food for a month and it nearly kills him... i was just wondering if anyone else has heard of it, or seen it? Apparentley its winning alot of awards... Well, just curious.

DoomCraft
Local Legend
Local Legend

Postby DoomCraft » 2004.05.18 1:06 pm

I haven't seen it, where can you pick it up?
There is nothing funnier than watching a big fat guy eating himself to death. Plus maybee it will pursuade me to stop eating fast food, because it's expensive.

Red
Asshole Admin
Asshole Admin

Postby Red » 2004.05.18 1:22 pm

I've heard a lot of hype on it, it's supposed to be quite moving. Although it does have flaws.

The movie's obviously targeted on fast food. Or is it just targeted on Mcdonalds? Everyone knows fast food in general is unhealthy, and this movie is supposed to get that point across. But I think it targets Mcdonalds. I'm not defending McD's here; I know how bad it is for you. But so are most fast food places. If this guy had eaten at Burger King or Hardees or wherever for a month, he would have gained a significant amount of weight and had an increase in chloresteral(sp?) just like he did with McDonalds. It's fair to say that McD's is unhealthy, but it seems to target that chain alone.
I'd piss Coors if I could. You believe that happy crappy?

melon
Local Legend
Local Legend

Postby melon » 2004.05.18 9:09 pm

really? whats up with you sounding smart lately?

McD's rules, by the way! best way to die!
figuring out ways to how the world might end
hey, a cool website! heck yes!

Kage
The Next Big Thing
The Next Big Thing

Postby Kage » 2004.05.18 9:13 pm

He is not fat, he just decides to eat nothing but McDs, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack. He is targeting McDs, because its the monster in that area of business. Just like they would if they had a Microsoft Me, or Intel me. Or Sony me.
He gains 17 lbs and gets a greater risk of dieing, but does not actually die.

VenusInMourning
Starting From Scratch
Starting From Scratch

Postby VenusInMourning » 2004.05.18 9:26 pm

That would make a good reality show... a house with 5 fat people and 5 skinny people and all the skinny people are allowed to eat is McDonald's and all the fat people are allowed to eat are salads for 6 months.

I don't see the point of a documentary like that. We all know McDonald's isn't good for you. I think he just needed an excuse to let himself go.
Have you hugged my Pug today?

Red
Asshole Admin
Asshole Admin

Postby Red » 2004.05.18 9:44 pm

really? whats up with you sounding smart lately?

Dude, even if you are joking around, you don't have to be a bitch when I say something intelligent. I'm not that big of an idiot.

He gains 17 lbs and gets a greater risk of dieing, but does not actually die.

I thought he gained 20 something pounds. His liver also becomes dangerously toxic and notices changes like decrease in sex drive.

On a side note though, the guy overbinges purposely for 30 days. I mean yeah, you're not getting a healthy meal there either way, but if you stuff yourself as much as possible every time, that's not exactly the restaurant's fault. People know about the dangers of fast food. It shouldn't take a movie to figure that out.

Which brings me to something else. Anyone remember the two NY chicks that sued McD's last year because they were morbidly obese and blamed the restaurant for claiming their food is healthy? What a bunch of crap. That's like people suing cigarette companies because they smoked for 50 years and got lung cancer. People just need scape goats for a lifestyle they know is destructive. America is a county of pussies.

Kage
The Next Big Thing
The Next Big Thing

Postby Kage » 2004.05.18 9:56 pm

They should have eatin the McDonalds salads, and properly planned his servings to the Food Guide Pyramid. Any fast food joint can be healthy. As long as you plan to the Food Guide Pyramid you should be fine, the only difference would to drop the 2,500 calories, down to 1,700, because McDonalds is chocked full it calories. It would also be wise to give them a preference, because McD's people will do it. They have to. Or, district manager gets a ring and they lose a job.

Red
Asshole Admin
Asshole Admin

Postby Red » 2004.05.18 10:00 pm

They're adding healthier stuff slowly...adult happy meals and the like. But the bottom line is McD's will never be good for you. I calculated once that my typical meal at McD's is around 1,500 calories. (a value meal)

The shit ain't gonna kill you if you don't eat it everyday. Some people apparently just don't understand that's an option. Like those two fat NY chicks. God, that still pisses me off. I was happy when I found out the judge threw out the case.

Kage
The Next Big Thing
The Next Big Thing

Postby Kage » 2004.05.18 10:02 pm

Anything for a quick buck? Selfish? <-- That right there describes over half of the United States population. Everything is everybody elses fault.

Red
Asshole Admin
Asshole Admin

Postby Red » 2004.05.18 10:05 pm

Yeah, I know. We used to be a country of hard-assed farmers who just killed people when they pissed us off. Now we say a part of the female genitalia in public and get taken to court. America, I shit on thee.

wootie85
Admin's Wife
Admin's Wife

Postby wootie85 » 2004.05.18 10:16 pm

Actually we're not being fair to McDonalds. The lawsuit that the people in New York filed was against KFC, Burger King,Wendy's and McDonalds. They are suing because they feel the fast food industries are irresponsible and deceptive in the posting of their nutritional information and that their food is addicting. Their saying that these 400lb kids that ate at McDonalds twice a day didn't know what they were eating was unhealthy! Good grief. Someone should slap these people upside the head- with the money they spent on food each day multiplied by the many years they spent eating there, it would prolly equal the amount they were suing for. Plus what kind of parent would let their children try to sue the fast food industry... grrrrrrrrrr. I HATE STUPID PEOPLE!!!!

I agree- American society is LAZY, Fat and Stupid!

Red
Asshole Admin
Asshole Admin

Postby Red » 2004.05.18 10:23 pm

And how.

These chicks binged on McD's everyday and were shocked to find out they were gaining weight? You might not gain weight by eating McD's, but they expected to lose weight. Jesus. And their parents claimed they had no idea McD's wasn't 100% healthy? Right.

Ignorance of the customers doesn't mean they have the right to take legal action against the food chain. These chicks wanted to point some fingers, and they did. I'm not saying all obese people are overweight because of their own accord, but in this situation, the only ones to blame were them.

Return to “The Musings of Alyssa”