constantine

You watched it; you can't un-watch it.
mardoc
Starting From Scratch
Starting From Scratch

constantine

Postby mardoc » 2005.02.16 12:40 am

So here's my first post in a while under this site. I just wanted to know if you guys are going to see constantine this weekend. i am, i think it looks good. plus i read the comic it's based on. it doesn't look like it stays close to it, but it'll still be cool. What do you think?

Jeff
Founder
Founder

Postby Jeff » 2005.02.16 12:42 am

Keanu = run away.

But the movie might still be good. I'll wait til it's in cheap seats or until you buy it tho :)
I do what I can.

peteyboy
Local Legend
Local Legend

Postby peteyboy » 2005.02.16 9:11 am

I don't really understand why everyone is so afraid of keanu. He is a good actor. The problem is his voice and Bill and Ted's Adventures. After that movie he got typecast in everyone's head. Its quite a shame. Oh well, I think he does a good job in things and for some reason I'm excited to see Constantine... prolly cuz Mike has been drooling over it since he became my roommate. A Scanner Darkly also looks awesome (from the still pics anyhow). Wait... Winona Ryder is in that movie?!? I hate it. plain and simple.... Winona Ryder kills any movie she is in... especially Mr. Deeds. That movie had potential, but every time I see Winona I just cringe. But I love what I've seen of Richard Linklater... Waking Life... Tape... School of Rock.... so, I will be interested to see how the whole thing turns out. Aparently, Charlie Kaufman wrote an adaptation of the scanenr darkly novel, but it got trashed when the project "changed hands".So now that I changed the whole subject, Keanu is okay with me.

Jeff
Founder
Founder

Postby Jeff » 2005.02.16 10:22 am

Whoa, mirror universe! (or some other phenomenon that would explain our opposing viewpoints.

I liked Ryder in Beetlejuice, but that's about it. Maybe because I used to have a crush on her, I dunno.

But I really believe the common complaint that Keanu is a wooden actor. He just.. is. I was watching the replacements the other day, and I thought that could have been a much more fun movie with someone else as the QB. I've seen A Walk in the Clouds (had to watch it for Spanish class), Johnny Mnemonic (it was late and I was too lazy to change the channel. Thanks, FX!), and speed. I dunno. Something about Keanu doesn't sit right with me. He's like a goth-emo-surfer or something. I don't think he's a bad actor, I just don't think he's an actor with a lot of range, and I guess I'm just bored with him.

Bill & Ted? C'mon, I have both movies. They're great! Maybe because Keanu kind of busts out of his seldom-smiling, monotone boy role.

The Matrix? Well, the whole epic is designed around a character with Keanu's personality, so my dislike of 2 and 3 have little to do with Mr. Reeves himself.

Who knows? Constantine might be good. I'm just not going to make much of an effort to find out.
I do what I can.

mardoc
Starting From Scratch
Starting From Scratch

Postby mardoc » 2005.02.16 1:32 pm

i think the movie is going to be good because of the subject matter. i like the comic and the subject of messing around with catholic mythos. the second and third matrix movies worked cause i liked the story, it didn't matter how wooden reeves acting was. or the fact that he seemed to be whispering throughout most of the third movie. i still liked them cause the effects were cool. where else can you see power bubbles outside of anime?

Kage
The Next Big Thing
The Next Big Thing

Postby Kage » 2005.02.16 6:07 pm

Maybe because Keanu kind of busts out of his seldom-smiling, monotone boy role.

Perhaps Constantine fits with that kind of role like the matrix did? I'm going to see it this Friday so I'll let you know.

mardoc
Starting From Scratch
Starting From Scratch

Postby mardoc » 2005.02.20 11:16 pm

figured i should cut and past what i thought of constantine from my other site.....

Constantine: ok, i like this movie, i want to say that right away. mostly because i'm going to launch into its faults right away. first, keanu reeves can not act to save his life. the man is so wooden and emotionless that i'm pretty sure anyone could have done a better job. which is a real shame cause i love the constantine character. second, comes from part of the first, if you've read the hellblazer books in any way stay away from this movie. they raped the character and left him as a film noire throw back who would get laughed at by the real constantine. ok, now what i did like. the movie is shot really well. hell has never looked so good, and the demons that constantine fights do look real enough to hold my attention. plus the dude that played the devil and the chick the played gabriel did amazing jobs. even if the devil was only in there for a bit, he still made me want to give him the finger. when this movie works it works really well, and when it stumbles it falls flat on its face. i'd see it, but throw out any good thoughts before. low expectations will lead to enjoyment. and let me stress this again for matz I LIKED IT!

Jordan
As Seen On TV
As Seen On TV

Postby Jordan » 2005.09.22 7:09 pm

the movie was WAY to long and the ending really sucked and their was no point in showing the startin with the dagger of dystiny they show no more of it through out the movie and i wish he would have really had lung cancer died and went to hell but oh well

Red
Asshole Admin
Asshole Admin

Postby Red » 2005.09.22 9:09 pm

Jesus Christ kid, use punctuation!

For the record, you should say "THIS CONTAINS SPOILERS" if you give away details of the movie, or ya might piss somebody off. I don't care to see it, so I could give a shit, but still.
I'd piss Coors if I could. You believe that happy crappy?

Jordan
As Seen On TV
As Seen On TV

Postby Jordan » 2005.09.23 8:22 am

my fault red :cry: im going to kill myself now just cause of this post GOODBYE

Return to “Movies & TV”