The Price is High

You watched it; you can't un-watch it.
Jeff
Founder
Founder

The Price is High

Postby Jeff » 2004.04.29 10:37 am

Why does The Price is Right need commercials? Look at all the spots within the show itself. It should be self-sustaining. Or is Bob Barker so old that he needs those breaks? Oh, well.

If you want to see The Price Is Right without having to get up in the morning, there's a million dollar show this Saturday at 8/7 central on CBS. See hot college coeds and overweight housewives alike battle it out over plant food, waffle irons, china sets and grandfather clocks.
I do what I can.

peteyboy
Local Legend
Local Legend

Postby peteyboy » 2004.04.29 1:18 pm

Were you paid to say that?!?!? :confused:

Jeff
Founder
Founder

Postby Jeff » 2004.04.29 1:35 pm

I felt like sounding like an announcer, because I could think of no better way to inform others of the late night thing. It's just interesting to watch because Bob Barker should have died 10 years ago.
I do what I can.

DoomCraft
Local Legend
Local Legend

Postby DoomCraft » 2004.04.29 1:50 pm

Wait a minute... bob barker is alive?

melon
Local Legend
Local Legend

Postby melon » 2004.04.29 9:03 pm

where are my pants?

sorry i had to.

i agree with jeff on this. bob should be gone. but i think he looks pretty good for his age. what i really want to know is...where did he get that awesome microphone? its awesome (as i have already stated)

ah hah...i found my pants...
figuring out ways to how the world might end
hey, a cool website! heck yes!

tennisballs
As Seen On TV
As Seen On TV

Postby tennisballs » 2004.04.29 9:26 pm

wtf mary? where does the pants thing come from?
You mean I dont have to drink the entire bottle of liquor to nite?I didn't know I could save it

melon
Local Legend
Local Legend

Postby melon » 2004.04.29 9:41 pm

i have yet to know...
figuring out ways to how the world might end

hey, a cool website! heck yes!

tennisballs
As Seen On TV
As Seen On TV

Postby tennisballs » 2004.04.29 10:56 pm

what's everyones favorite price is right game? I'ma big fan of plinko
You mean I dont have to drink the entire bottle of liquor to nite?I didn't know I could save it

TeriLiz
Gaining Potential
Gaining Potential

Postby TeriLiz » 2004.04.29 11:05 pm

Agreed. Plinko is wonderful. I am also a fan of that one where the yodeler goes up the mountain and he can't go over the edge. I have watched The Price Is Right numerous times growing up....as most people have as well.

tennisballs
As Seen On TV
As Seen On TV

Postby tennisballs » 2004.04.29 11:09 pm

I always watched it when I was sick. it was always the only thing on

Jeff
Founder
Founder

Postby Jeff » 2004.04.29 11:17 pm

My favorite is the wheel. I wanna spin that sucker.

And Gene Rayburn has the same cool mic on Match Game. I don't have any idea where you get them now.
I do what I can.

TeriLiz
Gaining Potential
Gaining Potential

Postby TeriLiz » 2004.04.29 11:18 pm

They definitely have those types of microphones in the DADE room at the high school. Not sure if they are exactly the same, but they sure as hell look the same.

Jeff
Founder
Founder

Postby Jeff » 2004.04.29 11:22 pm

nah, the gooseneck ones? they dont come close. he's got a long metal pole with a mic ball stuck to it. it's uber-cool.
I do what I can.

tennisballs
As Seen On TV
As Seen On TV

Postby tennisballs » 2004.04.29 11:32 pm

the match game makes me mad, I dont like the host. Bob is a good host even tho he's old

Jeff
Founder
Founder

Postby Jeff » 2004.04.29 11:38 pm

Yeah, I was making fun of his age, but it's commendable that he can still go out there and do a show every day. He'll outlive Dick Clark :)

It's cool that he does side jobs too. He was pretty spry in Happy Gilmore, and he was in the Futurama episode I watched last night.

Hey! Let's all road trip to Price is Right!!!
I do what I can.

tennisballs
As Seen On TV
As Seen On TV

Postby tennisballs » 2004.04.29 11:40 pm

we all gotta get matching shirts too then.

i like how bob can last on the price is right forever but family feud has gone thru tons of hosts and it's all because of drugs, so I say you go bob barkey, you keep doing what you're doing

Jeff
Founder
Founder

Postby Jeff » 2004.07.28 11:00 pm

Game show parody for PTV, anyone? It could be interesting.
I do what I can.

tigers_free
Generating Controversy
Generating Controversy

Postby tigers_free » 2004.07.29 10:59 am

Bob Barker is trying to brainwash us and ultimately take over the world...his masterplan is to destroy the human race..he is starting on a smaller scale though..preaching to people to spay and neuter their pets first he will eliminate the animal population then we are next..he has a sidekick too...tempting people with prizes like a stranger tempting little children with candy...Proof of this was displayed when Barker was hospitalized ..............here is a quote from a story

"Neurologist Craig Fleischer, who attended to Barker after his admittance, tells a less genteel version of the story.

"When he first got here, he grabbed me by the throat and was like, 'You listen good, medicine boy, don't let me die! I don't want any of that animal-friendly medicine crap, I want the shit that works.' I thought it was a little excessive for a case of fatigue," Fleischer said, adding, "And I don't care if he was on 'Joker's Wild' -- I don't appreciate that kind of language."

When Barker learned he would need surgery, Fleischer says he demanded that the surgeons perform the procedure on "at least 12 cats for practice" before he would go under the knife."

He did attempt to make himself look trust-worthy..he's quoted as saying..

"The more I think about it, sawing through beagles' bones in order to test fracture-healing chemicals is the only sensible thing to do," Barker said. "As long as they've been spayed or neutered."

And not too scare anyone but bob thinks he's a Yoda Jedi master too.......

playswithflowers
As Seen On TV
As Seen On TV

Postby playswithflowers » 2004.11.09 2:08 am

Correct me if im wrong, but i was told that every person that hosts Family Fude either becomes an alcoholic or kills themselfs.....thats not a good track record.....i worry for Al from Home Improvement

Jeff
Founder
Founder

Postby Jeff » 2004.11.09 3:09 am

He actually has a career to fall back on, though. Louie Anderson would be scary, curse or no. And Dawson was a pimp.
I do what I can.

JFM
Gaining Potential
Gaining Potential

Postby JFM » 2004.11.20 3:23 am

I think it was the second host who had killed himself. I can't remember the name but im pretty sure he hung himself in a closet.

Wow what a way to go huh. Im just curious as to why he did it. Perhaps he contracted a disease from all the damn people the hosts have to kiss on family fued.

Perhaps he couldnt take the shaking of hands anymore. Plus all the constant smiling one has to do.

Its pretty much like being a talk show host. I believe after a couple of years a talk show host lose their minds. They get so used to being that one pigeon-holed character.

Something has to carry on into there normal lives and they just cant stop doing it. So im placing bets on when david letterman kills himself.
Amputate a man's leg and he can still feel it tickling. Tell me mum, when your little girl is on the slab, where will it tickle you?
~Hannibal Lecter

Jeff
Founder
Founder

Postby Jeff » 2004.11.20 2:31 pm

The whole "putting on a front" thing is true of anyone in Hollywood though. You have to conform to a certain image to appeal to a certain demographic... That can't be fun. BUt there isn't a very high suicide rate for Hollywood stars, so most people must just be giving up their souls instead.
I do what I can.

Return to “Movies & TV”