gmail

Celebrate your inner geek. It's probably your only chance.
nrunge
As Seen On TV
As Seen On TV

gmail

Postby nrunge » 2004.08.15 9:28 pm

I finally got my gmail account today. So far its pretty nice. 1gb of space is overkill for my needs but the organization and search capabilities are sweet.
"...I always tell my friends that if its in the news we dont have to worry about it because it rarely ever happens, thats what makes it news. Its when something is not in the news anymore that we have to start to worry" - Philip Greenspun

peteyboy
Local Legend
Local Legend

Postby peteyboy » 2004.08.16 4:22 pm

How did you get an account? Did you get an invite? I really wanna check it out, but it sounds like they aren't giving invites anymore. dang.

nrunge
As Seen On TV
As Seen On TV

Postby nrunge » 2004.08.19 1:12 am

I know people who get invites all the time. I already have a waiting list for mine. I just got all my mail forewording to the account, I am really digging gmail.
"...I always tell my friends that if its in the news we dont have to worry about it because it rarely ever happens, thats what makes it news. Its when something is not in the news anymore that we have to start to worry" - Philip Greenspun

Jeff
Founder
Founder

Postby Jeff » 2004.08.19 7:14 am

Having no hands-on experience, I go on reviews alone, but what's so great about it besides ordering mail by "conversations"? Granted, the 1GB of space is a plus, but it's unnecessary for 99.9% of the users, really. And this kind of leaves you wondering what they're going to do with the technology... Sell the gmail source as a web-based mail client? License it out to Yahoo! or MSN? Keep it an exclusive Google item but charge for it? :?
I do what I can.

nrunge
As Seen On TV
As Seen On TV

Postby nrunge » 2004.08.19 1:12 pm

I doubt there is going to be a charge or be sold anywhere. Their current IPO has me worried but I seriously dont think gmail is going to change that much. And what is so great about it is the organization (and the ability to use the google search engine to search your email), simply put it is the best web mail interface that I have ever used, THhe 1GB of storage I could care less about.

nrunge
As Seen On TV
As Seen On TV

Postby nrunge » 2004.08.31 1:23 am

I have 6 invites for gmail accounts. Is there anyone who wants one yet?

Jeff
Founder
Founder

Postby Jeff » 2004.08.31 11:37 am

I'd like to try one.
I do what I can.

Return to “Nerd Council”