tikiBox

The enemy's gate is down.
Jeff
Founder
Founder

tikiBox

Postby Jeff » 2005.02.28 2:30 am

Here it is, folks: the tikiBox. My first attempt at Xbox case modding. Click on a picture for a larger (1600x1200) version.

Image Image Image Image Image
Ok, the lights all mean something. In the first two pics, my modchip is enabled, so everything is white. In the second two, it's disabled, so all blue. And in the last one, it's in backup mode, so the status lights are white and blue together (it's hard to tell from these pics, but noticable in real life)
These pics also showcase the HDD/LAN status light I put in. It's white when there's HDD activity, blue for LAN, and light blue for both. Pics 2 and 4 show hard drive activity.

Image Image Image Image Image
Various top shots. An unexpected cool effect is that the LED of the side you're looking at appears the brightest. So if you look around the Xbox, the light kind of follows you.

Image Image Image
These are pics of the left, right, and back of the box, to show how the top "glows". You can also see the tell-tale blue shimmer of my X3 chip in the first picture. I don't think I'll add any lights to the back or sides; no one ever really looks there.

The two front outer LEDs are kind of misaligned, and the one on the left is always a little bluer than the others, but it's actually less noticable in real life than in the pictures, which seems odd to me.

My next project will be to internalize the IR receiver for the Xbox remote, and add power, eject, and chip enable/disable functionality to it.
I do what I can.

Kage
The Next Big Thing
The Next Big Thing

Postby Kage » 2005.02.28 6:04 pm

I would highly consider adding some light to the back. You may not be able to see light in the back of the XBox but you should be able to get some cool effects off the walls from it. I fired up my computer awhile back and the light from my Power Supply shines out the fan and it lights up the wall behind it. The light it emitted looked dead sexy with the different angles on the wall.

I envy you sir, I envy you.

Return to “Gaming”