Sony PSP

The enemy's gate is down.
Kage
The Next Big Thing
The Next Big Thing

Postby Kage » 2005.03.19 5:25 pm

I'm going to wait for the price to dull down a bit, right now I would rather spend the $400+ on maybe a new video card or something a bit more useful.

Red
Asshole Admin
Asshole Admin

Postby Red » 2005.03.21 2:42 pm

I never really got into handhelds myself. To each his own, but I never saw the point. If I'm going to enjoy a video game, I'm going to plant my ass down in a recliner, and play a game on a big TV with a 600 watt sound system. Who the hell cares how sweet the graphics are on a handheld? Bottom line is you're still starting at a little screen with laptop quality speakers. Yahoo.
I'd piss Coors if I could. You believe that happy crappy?

Jeff
Founder
Founder

Postby Jeff » 2005.03.21 3:09 pm

The DS is a failed experiment in mixing things up, and the PSP is a costly, portable PS2. I wonder if the PS3 will have a way of playing PSP games on a TV screen? That could justify it. Like Red said, hi-res, detailed textured games can only work so well on a small screen. Sooner or later, the gimmick will wear off into practicality and we'll realize that we're all getting astigmatism from trying to read 4pt font on a 2.5" LCD :)
I do what I can.

Red
Asshole Admin
Asshole Admin

Postby Red » 2005.03.21 3:34 pm

Once they build projectors into handhands and you're playing your game on a 50 foot wall, sign me up. :D
I'd piss Coors if I could. You believe that happy crappy?

Return to “Gaming”