Gamecube Question

The enemy's gate is down.
Red
Asshole Admin
Asshole Admin

Postby Red » 2005.03.21 2:40 pm

Bryan - TBN Forums wrote:Is Gamecube any good? Its so cheap I am thinking about picking one up. Is it worth like 80 bucks or whatever it is?

The Gamecube is a cheap system, and since I own one, I think it's good.

The graphics don't compare to other systems, though, and if you want something that's versatile, you might as well buy an Xbox and mod it.

But the Cube does me just fine. With games like Mario Kart, Starfox, Mario Party, and a new Zelda on the way, even a handful of games make the system worth buying. Not to mention the latest systems come with Mario Kart DD.
I'd piss Coors if I could. You believe that happy crappy?

Jeff
Founder
Founder

Postby Jeff » 2005.03.21 3:12 pm

lil_redman wrote:The graphics don't compare to other systems, though, and if you want something that's versatile, you might as well buy an Xbox and mod it.

I'll disagree on the Graphics comment. Metriod Prime is gorgeous.

The Nintendo game library is formidable, even if their system isn't selling so hot. It's worth it, I think. I can't wait for the new Zelda.

But hell yes, get an Xbox and mod it. Dear God, you can do a lot with that :)
I do what I can.

Kage
The Next Big Thing
The Next Big Thing

Postby Kage » 2005.03.21 4:43 pm

Yeah, the graphics do so well when used right. Look at Resident Evil 4, that game is on par with cinematechs which is almost impossible to determine what is gameplay and what is cinema in RE4. The game looks insane even with the grit filter that gives it the more Resident Evil feel.

In summary: By the GameCube, it's worth the money, even with the Revolution coming out later this year early next. They will still be publishing games for the 'Cube well after Revolution is released.

Jeff
Founder
Founder

Postby Jeff » 2005.03.22 12:21 pm

I can't wait til the Xbox drops to $99, which it will, hopefully, this year, with the release of Xenon (or whatever codename they're touting this week). That should get me some more mod customers and I'll probably buy a second one as a dedicated mediacenter :)
I do what I can.

Return to “Gaming”