Old School PSX Emu

The enemy's gate is down.
Jeff
Founder
Founder

Old School PSX Emu

Postby Jeff » 2004.09.25 3:31 am

I finally got a PlayStation (not PS2) emulator to work. ePSXe is stable, reads my USB connected PlayStation controller just fine, and has excellent sound and video support. Combined with Alcohol 120% for ripping games to my hard drive and mounting them as fake volumes, it works flawlessly. I can finally play Worms and RoboPit to my heart's content; no more worrying about Travis taking his games back or scratches getting worse. It really cleans up the 3D modelling, too. I can't wait to try an FF game. :)

It takes more than just the emu to get this up and running. I'm here for any questions you may have.
I do what I can.

Red
Asshole Admin
Asshole Admin

Postby Red » 2004.09.29 10:11 am

I'm downloading a playstation game right now. I need ePSXe, Alcohol 120% (for what exactly?) and what else?
I'd piss Coors if I could. You believe that happy crappy?

Jeff
Founder
Founder

Postby Jeff » 2004.09.29 10:29 am

ePSXe is the emu I got workin'. I can send you the contents of my plugins folder, since I'm not quite sure where I got everything in there, but I know they don't come with ePSXe. Uh, the bitch is config. I've gotten Robo Pit, Worms, and Descent to work with my plugin configuration, but I can't guarantee that for all games. You'll have to do some tweaking.

You'll also need to find and download a PSX bios file, since that's the illegal part of emus. I got the one for the 7502.

Alcohol is for ripping PSX games, but it's also for mounting them as images. This is much easier on your computer than burning a PSX disc, since reading PSX games usually goes slow. I suppose you could use any image mounter, like Nero, but Alcohol has more options and it's just a good app to have around.

That's just about it; you've got the USB/Playstation adaptor, right?
I do what I can.

Red
Asshole Admin
Asshole Admin

Postby Red » 2004.09.29 11:48 am

Yes. Clear on everything except for the PSX Bios file.
I'd piss Coors if I could. You believe that happy crappy?

Jeff
Founder
Founder

Postby Jeff » 2004.09.29 12:43 pm

PSX emulators don't have a PSX "brain". I can give you a copy of my bios for the 7502 (just has to do with the model revision) I guess emulating PSX behaviors is legal, but stealing the core BIOS instructions isn't. Check google, they're easy to find.
I do what I can.

Return to “Gaming”