Gaming Keyboard

The enemy's gate is down.
Kage
The Next Big Thing
The Next Big Thing

Gaming Keyboard

Postby Kage » 2004.10.22 5:58 pm

I just fell in love. One of these hotness keyboards is already on the way in the mail. Frankly these babies are amazing. Called the Zboard these are remappable, customized keyboards for gamers. Not only just for gamers either. The keyboard can be lifted and moved around to act like a normal keyboard any how. They come with foldable, keyboard inserts. Flip, take it out and put it in and your on the way. Once I get one of these I am making a full reviews on it but my draw is dropped and I haven't even got a hold of it. Just look at the close image of it. It can even be programmed to launch your favorite game on a hot key.

When I first glanced at it some of the keys I would have rathered they been in other positions till I read on that they are made for easy removal and reloaction. Customize this entire keyboard for you. All I can say is, "hotness."

Jeff
Founder
Founder

Postby Jeff » 2004.10.22 8:32 pm

I've been waiting for a product like that. Until now, the only mappable keyboards I've seen were for POS (point of sale, not piece of shit) systems, and weren't very attractive or intuituve. Come to think of it, they weren't cheap either. I'm too lazy to look; what does one of those run? And do they have a small model? I think it'd be cool if they had a little one with just the butterfly keys and a few others and it was all just the size of the numeric keypad.
I do what I can.

Kage
The Next Big Thing
The Next Big Thing

Postby Kage » 2004.10.22 8:48 pm

jeff wrote:I've been waiting for a product like that. Until now, the only mappable keyboards I've seen were for POS (point of sale, not piece of shit) systems, and weren't very attractive or intuituve. Come to think of it, they weren't cheap either. I'm too lazy to look; what does one of those run? And do they have a small model? I think it'd be cool if they had a little one with just the butterfly keys and a few others and it was all just the size of the numeric keypad.

Well you need to buy both the base and the key setup. The base is about $34.00 (if you look harder then I did you can probably find it for cheaper), but the key setup (Crossfire, the one I show) runs between $4-8.00 There is a small numeric one but I need to find it again, I'll let you know when I find it.

//Edit: Found it!

JHGNate
As Seen On TV
As Seen On TV

Postby JHGNate » 2004.10.22 10:02 pm

Screw it, if all the keys work on a regular keyboard I can roxxorz the fps. And the whole hotkey thing... that's just plain lazy. I think I can handle moving my mouse over an icon and double-clicking it. What's next? A mind controlled mouse/keyboard? :lol:
Ask not what your forum can do for you; ask what you can do for your forum.

Kage
The Next Big Thing
The Next Big Thing

Postby Kage » 2004.10.22 10:06 pm

Nobody said it made you better at playing, thats like Karl saying my new shoes make me run super fast. This is more of a comfort and ease situation. It makes you feel more relaxed playing it plus the buttons are made to be spaced to get rid of any of the keys that you might "accidently" hit. Convenience, thats what it can be called, convenient.

JHGNate
As Seen On TV
As Seen On TV

Postby JHGNate » 2004.10.22 11:11 pm

I know, just saying... my keyboard serves me well.

Kage
The Next Big Thing
The Next Big Thing

Postby Kage » 2004.10.23 12:23 am

Well so does mine, but this keyboard will just do what my keyboard does in a more relaxed and convienant setup, and frankly, I game enough to where I would feel okay in spending $38.00 on it.

Jeff
Founder
Founder

Postby Jeff » 2004.10.23 2:19 am

I paid more for my MS Office keyboard. It's something I wouldn't mind looking into.
I do what I can.

Kage
The Next Big Thing
The Next Big Thing

Postby Kage » 2004.10.23 12:21 pm

You can also buy tons of other inserts. Theres a Photoshop, Office, Windows Explorer, Word, Excel, 3ds max, Dreamweaver MX, and Flash MX inserts as well. The gaming ones are Empires: Dawn of the Modern World, Delta Force: Black Hawk Down, Medal of Honor Allied Assualt, Age of Mytology, Neverwinter Nights, Civilazations III, and Madden NFL. The crossfire, the one I showed you is made for the FPS, and can be remapped on the spot. The ones it comes pre-mapped with is Counter-Strike, UT2k3 and up, Battlefield 1942, Raven Shield, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, XIII, Recon, and Medal of Honor. This board is god.

Jeff
Founder
Founder

Postby Jeff » 2004.10.23 1:06 pm

Almost enough for me. What they still need is a Premiere insert.
I do what I can.

JHGNate
As Seen On TV
As Seen On TV

Postby JHGNate » 2004.10.23 6:58 pm

Kage wrote:Well so does mine, but this keyboard will just do what my keyboard does in a more relaxed and convienant setup, and frankly, I game enough to where I would feel okay in spending $38.00 on it.

That's okay, the control setup is all I need for convenience. I may just get that keyboard though, it looks cool, is cheap and my current one's hotkeys are made for a compaq version of 98SE.

Edit: Found a place to get it W/ THE BASE, for only $19.00... click here

Edit (again): Got mine ordered... for those of you who are going to get it from there, here is the price (shipping included)

Sub-Total: $19.00
First Item, Plus Additional Items (($8.75 first item, $4.00 each additional)): $8.75
Total: $27.75

peteyboy
Local Legend
Local Legend

Postby peteyboy » 2004.10.23 11:12 pm

The whole thing seems kinda gimicky.... Haven't they tried things like this before? But i guess the price isn't terrible and the inserts aren't to terribly priced either. but, i don't game enough... if there was an insert for Adobe Premiere... i would snatch it up in a second. but alas...

Kage
The Next Big Thing
The Next Big Thing

Postby Kage » 2004.10.24 12:33 am

Nate wrote:
Kage wrote:Well so does mine, but this keyboard will just do what my keyboard does in a more relaxed and convienant setup, and frankly, I game enough to where I would feel okay in spending $38.00 on it.

That's okay, the control setup is all I need for convenience. I may just get that keyboard though, it looks cool, is cheap and my current one's hotkeys are made for a compaq version of 98SE.

Edit: Found a place to get it W/ THE BASE, for only $19.00... click here

Edit (again): Got mine ordered... for those of you who are going to get it from there, here is the price (shipping included)

Sub-Total: $19.00
First Item, Plus Additional Items (($8.75 first item, $4.00 each additional)): $8.75
Total: $27.75

My opponent is just so damn wishy washy, first he claims he doesn't need it then goes out and buys it, quit offereing flip flops!

Return to “Gaming”