PSP
33%

Total votes: 6

JFM
Gaining Potential
Gaining Potential

Nintendo DS or PSP

Postby JFM » 2004.10.26 12:12 am

Nintendo has ruled the hand held market for a while now. So sony decided now they want a slice of the action.

Nintendo has there reliability and a huge fan base while sony has always had versatility in the gaming market (lots of titles).

I like the dual screens for the DS but how many times is that often going to be used while your gaming. My guess is not often, but if they come up with creative way kudos to them.

However my ultimate choice is the PSP. Theres nothing greater then a mini console in your pocket. Whip it out when u feel like it and start rampaging on GTA.

Other handhelds such as Nokia N-Gage will just be left in the dust.
Amputate a man's leg and he can still feel it tickling. Tell me mum, when your little girl is on the slab, where will it tickle you?
~Hannibal Lecter

Kage
The Next Big Thing
The Next Big Thing

Postby Kage » 2004.10.26 7:34 am

Nintendo DS, If you watched the tech or software demos you would realize how much the second screen is actually used. Nintendo's power is stuck somewhere in between the 64 and GameCube. Clearly powerful for something that can fit in your pocket. Unfortunetly you can't vote twice because I will be getting PSP as well. DS is my first choice, easy.

JHGNate
As Seen On TV
As Seen On TV

Postby JHGNate » 2004.10.26 7:55 am

PSP.

I have never been a real big fan of nintendo... or Microshaft for that matter, but I have always loved Sony. The PS is what got me really into console gaming in the first place, why not have one in my pocket?
Plus... it's WIDE SCREEN! :trillian099:
Ask not what your forum can do for you; ask what you can do for your forum.

Jeff
Founder
Founder

Postby Jeff » 2004.10.26 2:34 pm

Both of them are going to rip off fans by making us pay outrageous amounts for 64 and PSX ports, but hey, that's life. Personally, I'd love to see a Final Fantasy on the DS to the tune of Crystal Chronicles. DS it is, since it plays GBA too.
I do what I can.

Jeff
Founder
Founder

Postby Jeff » 2005.01.14 3:23 am

I'd have to say I've changed my mind after playing Metroid Prime: Hunters in WalMart the other day. I was shopping by myself, so I had my own schedule, and after beating several pre-teen game junkies senseless, I had some alone time with the DS. DS-apointing. (Man, I'm clever!)

It's just awkward. I know I'd end up beating the hell out of it with the stylus. The WalMart guy actually let me hold it instead of me having to kneel into it's kid-high leash. Whether balancing it in my hand, on a table, or holding it firmly in both hands while moving the stylus with my teeth, it was an odd and uncomfortable thing to play. And the graphics sucked, in my opinion. But an N64 port of a Cube game concept won't come out looking pretty no matter what you do.

I think Nintendo really took a gamble here, and may have lost. I'm waiting for PSP. It looks normal. The DS is an odd duck that should have stayed in Japan.

Hang on. I'm waiting for nothing. I'm sick of handheld gaming. I like my SNES ports on GBA, and I don't need anything better. Bah!
I do what I can.

Kage
The Next Big Thing
The Next Big Thing

Postby Kage » 2005.01.15 12:56 am

jeff wrote:I'd have to say I've changed my mind after playing Metroid Prime: Hunters in WalMart the other day. I was shopping by myself, so I had my own schedule, and after beating several pre-teen game junkies senseless, I had some alone time with the DS. DS-apointing. (Man, I'm clever!)

It's just awkward. I know I'd end up beating the hell out of it with the stylus. The WalMart guy actually let me hold it instead of me having to kneel into it's kid-high leash. Whether balancing it in my hand, on a table, or holding it firmly in both hands while moving the stylus with my teeth, it was an odd and uncomfortable thing to play. And the graphics sucked, in my opinion. But an N64 port of a Cube game concept won't come out looking pretty no matter what you do.

I think Nintendo really took a gamble here, and may have lost. I'm waiting for PSP. It looks normal. The DS is an odd duck that should have stayed in Japan.

Hang on. I'm waiting for nothing. I'm sick of handheld gaming. I like my SNES ports on GBA, and I don't need anything better. Bah!

I think it has mainly to do with adjusting to the style of gameplay. It's the developers choice on weather or not they want the stylus/touch screen to be put to use. Walmart has a 1 DS per customer limit because they're flying off the shelves so fast.

Return to “Gaming”