PHP Data Sorting

Celebrate your inner geek. It's probably your only chance.
Jeff
Founder
Founder

PHP Data Sorting

Postby Jeff » 2004.10.13 12:58 am

This will get deleted unless Runge knows the answer....

How do you do multi-level parsing and sorting for data in an array? Check out http://www.pointlesstv.com/new.htm. I'd like that stuff to go into three tables, based on the group they're in. I know how to sort by group and then alphabetically by title, that's not the problem. I need php to create as many tables as I need groups for the data, and then put all the data in the right groups. I know I could do this by setting up filters for each group, but I want it to adapt to my adding or deleting groups later.

It's kind of a concept thing, but if you need specifics, let me know and I'll make a csv of the table and dump my code.

Thanks.
I do what I can.

nrunge
As Seen On TV
As Seen On TV

Postby nrunge » 2004.10.13 7:10 pm

Sorry I am not a programmer. Can't help yah.
"...I always tell my friends that if its in the news we dont have to worry about it because it rarely ever happens, thats what makes it news. Its when something is not in the news anymore that we have to start to worry" - Philip Greenspun

Jeff
Founder
Founder

Postby Jeff » 2004.10.13 8:39 pm

Niether am I, though I try to be. But I had a personal victory today. I got it to sort into groups. I had to use two databases for it, but it worked. This is nice, not just for PTV, but for me as a web designer since I can make sites with dynamic content now.
I do what I can.

nrunge
As Seen On TV
As Seen On TV

Postby nrunge » 2004.10.14 12:06 am

Yeah its cool shit. I can read code to a degree and I know the basic premis but as far as actually creating something, not very likely. I do not look foreword to next semester, I have to take Java and Assembler. Fun stuff.
"...I always tell my friends that if its in the news we dont have to worry about it because it rarely ever happens, thats what makes it news. Its when something is not in the news anymore that we have to start to worry" - Philip Greenspun

Jeff
Founder
Founder

Postby Jeff » 2004.10.14 12:15 am

The one Java class I took was all I needed to realize I hate programming. I got OOP fundamentals out of it, a lot of which translated directly into PHP, but it still made me want to pull out my pubic hairs one by one.
I do what I can.

Return to “Nerd Council”