Have I lost my mind? A new poll says yes.

Only Dave knows the secrets of green robots.

Moderator: DoomCraft

DoomCraft
Local Legend
Local Legend

Have I lost my mind? A new poll says yes.

Postby DoomCraft » 2004.07.28 9:14 pm

This last week I put an ad in the paper claiming that I was an "Unexperienced vocalist looking for a band to jam with". Now, mind you I've never sang in my life other than in the car or along to "the darkness"... But I feel the need to give it a try. So anyways, 3 bands e-mailed me asking for me to audition.

First off, I've never sang in front of anyone nor is anyone even aware of my capabilities as a vocalist. I haven't even sang to shelby, because well... she is an intimidating person. (She beats me with a spoon....) Second, I'm absolutely terrified of being on a stage. I've done it before about 5 years ago while doing a reading... hopefully i've overcome my fear of that. Haha. Not only that, but the only actual real singing ever done was by my dad who was actually a singer in a band during the late 70's here in milwaukee. He passed me down his voice somewhat, but it's tough to tell until you've actually been in a position to sing for an audiance.

Now i'm a lunatic, everyone knows that... and i'm rarely nervous about something, but this I kind of am. A few people I know (who haven't heard me sing, mind you) have already tried to put me down saying, "Don't try it, you'll embarrass yourself" or whatever they can say to throw me around. But I think I have the balls to at least attempt it, considering it's something i've always wanted to do. So I mean, if I go in to these auditions and expect the worst... what could happen? I need to think positive, but if I do that i'll just get more nervous and feel like shit after i've been told I sound like "Donald trump being spooned by larry tate and his magnetic ovary dispenser".

Yep, well this post was just really getting that off my chest. I doubt any positive comments will really help me, i'll still be nervous going in but I think if anything... I'll at least won't be dreading not ever attempting it.

And with that, I retire my singing career for today.

Jeff
Founder
Founder

Postby Jeff » 2004.07.28 9:31 pm

I suck, but I don't care. Feel free to borrow my attitude. :)
I do what I can.

DoomCraft
Local Legend
Local Legend

Postby DoomCraft » 2004.07.28 9:34 pm

Thats the exact attitude i'm going into this with.

Jeff
Founder
Founder

Postby Jeff » 2004.07.28 9:40 pm

Then there should be no problem.

...unless you decide to sing "She Bangs" during your audition. *shudders*
I do what I can.

DoomCraft
Local Legend
Local Legend

Postby DoomCraft » 2004.07.28 9:46 pm

Haha nah, although i'm proud to say that I do sing better than him. Although, a dying emu could sing better than that kid...

Although my "I believe in a thing called love" darkness impression is almost dead on. I think i'll sing that first and see if I can't get thrown out of the building.

Jeff
Founder
Founder

Postby Jeff » 2004.07.28 9:53 pm

If I can hear it, I'll hit you. Sorry, that's just the way it is. I absolutely detest that band and all it stands for.
I do what I can.

DoomCraft
Local Legend
Local Legend

Postby DoomCraft » 2004.07.28 10:08 pm

No by all means, I understand completely. It's more of a mock on them than me singing for the good of them. Shelby loves the darkness though, so it's tough for me not to sing it around her.

Jeff
Founder
Founder

Postby Jeff » 2004.07.28 10:31 pm

Eek, and I thought the girl had taste.

Well I can do a wicked Bob Dylan/Tom Petty!
I do what I can.

Return to “Dave and his Submersible Cobra”